Take a closer look!
Spruce Point by Amy Herzog
Spruce Point was a featured design both at my 2016 make. wear. love. west coast retreat, and at our partner store The Yarnover Truck's "Camp Yarnover Truck" at Stitches West 2016. A great all-weather option, Spruce Point features a classic 3/4-sleeve, longer length, V-neck silhouette with updated Broken Rib trim. We worked this sample in Skacel CoBaSi Plus, a worsted-weight non-wool yarn great for sunny LA (or most anywhere) - but the design works equally well in a wool or wool blend.
Amy is shown wearing an hourglass relaxed fit, but the design would work equally well in snugger fits.
Spruce Point is an hourglass design, so your final pattern will have waist and bust shaping. You can only use complete measurement sets to create this pattern.
The sample shown was worked in Skacel CoBaSi Plus in the color "In the Navy", at a gauge of 5.5 stitches to one inch. At this gauge, the CoBaSi makes a lovely smooth, slightly firm fabric - which is necessary to counteract the weight of the yarn.
The design would work well in many wools or wool blends, but stick with a solid color for a similar look.
Spruce Point uses the following design choices:
- Style: cardigan
- Silhouette: Hourglass silhouette
- Length: Low-hip length
- Sleeves: Three-quarter-length tapered sleeve
- Neck style: Average-width vee neck
- Neck depth: 3"/7.5 cm below armhole-shaping start
- Hem edging and height: Broken Rib Stitch, 2¼"/5.5 cm
- Sleeve edging and height: Broken Rib Stitch, 2¼"/5.5 cm
- Button band allowance: 1¾"/4.5 cm
- Button band edging and height: Broken Rib Stitch, 1¾"/4.5 cm