Take a closer look!
Helm by Amy Herzog
Everyone needs a basic V-neck pullover, and this one is a classic. It looks great in any gauge, and the design will work well for men, women, and children. Since Helm has no waist shaping, it also makes the perfect blank slate onto which you can put any stitch pattern you like. (Just be sure to enter your gauge in the pattern stitch you've chosen!)
Helm will use your average sweater and long sleeve lengths, and features a V neckline that's 6.5'' (16.5cm) deep. Simple 2x2 ribbing trims all edges. Jay is wearing the sample sweater with a men's average fit.
Helm is a straight design, so your sweater pattern will have no waist shaping. The hem and chest/bust will be equal. You can use any measurement set to create this pattern.
Helm is a great basic sweater, and I used a great basic yarn for the sample - Rowan's Pure Wool Superwash DK. Jay is wearing the color "Anthracite".
Amy liked this yarn at a gauge of 24 stitches and 32 rows = 4'' (10 cm) in Stockinette stitch.
Helm uses the following design choices:
- Style: pullover
- Silhouette: Straight silhouette
- Length: Medium-hip length
- Sleeves: Full-length tapered sleeve
- Neck style: Average-width vee neck
- Neck depth: 6"/15 cm below shoulders
- Hem edging and height: 2x2 Ribbing, 2½"/6.5 cm
- Sleeve edging and height: 2x2 Ribbing, 3½"/9 cm
- Neck edging and height: 2x2 Ribbing, ¾"/2 cm